No matter the size of your district, each must address the same curriculum challenges. For both central office personnel and teachers, each district needs staff members trained to answer the following challenges:
• How does the district ensure that teachers are provided a guaranteed and viable curriculum?
• How does the district ensure that curriculum writers are adequately trained to design and evaluate the district’s curriculum?
This academy will provide your team with a deeper understanding of curriculum design and the ability to determine the essential components of a quality curriculum.
During the two-day academy, participants will learn from highly experienced leaders who have developed curriculum and have lead curriculum departments for years:
• How to organize and manage curriculum design teams;
• How to design curriculum documents and clarification documents that are aligned to standards; and,
• How to develop a district plan to address both the scope and quality of curriculum design work while using guiding examples.
In addition to the curriculum design learning, teams will begin their work on budgets, schedules, and training plans to take back to their districts. From the basics to advanced topics, attendees will gain experience and a greater understanding of the benefits of a quality district curriculum.
Fee (TXASCD members): $675
Who Should Attend
Curriculum and instruction specialists, curriculum leaders, administrators
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.