Instructional Rounds is an instructional improvement practice. Networks of professionals – principals, teachers, central office personnel – from across a district come together to observe in classrooms and engage in deep dialogue about instruction.
Presenter: Dr. Sheila Maher
There are four components of Instructional Rounds:
- Problem of Practice
- Observation Debrief
- Next Level of Work
Instructional Rounds Academy is an interactive professional development experience that provides district teams with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully implement Instructional Rounds as a powerful improvement practice in their districts. Four to six district member teams, including the top district academic officer, central office personnel, and at least one sitting principal, will work together to learn the four components of Rounds and keys to successful implementation. Eight district teams will be selected for the 2 ½ day training.
• Develop a deep understanding of the importance of Rounds in building and sustaining an instructional culture
• Learn how to create a high quality Problem of Practice, Theory of Action, and Essential Question
• Learn how to capture descriptive evidence that can be analyzed and used to improve the Problem of Practice
• Learn how to participate in and conduct a high quality debrief that drives the instructional work to learning and action
• Create a Rounds Momentum Plan and learn strategies that ensure Rounds is a powerful instructional improvement practice
• Create a plan to ensure a successful implementation of Rounds with fidelity
- Creating & Sustaining an Instructional Culture
- What’s so different about Rounds?
- Developing a Meaningful Problem of Practice
- Observing Instructional Practice: the Power of Descriptive Evidence
- Conducting a High Quality Rounds Debrief
- Analysis — Prediction — Next Level of Work — Short Term Targets
- More than one day: Rounds Momentum Plan
- Critical Details: Structure, Networks, & Norms
Day 3 (half day)
- District Success: Who’s driving? What’s the Plan?
- The Power of a Consultancy
- Resources for Rounds
One of the most transformational trainings I have ever attended in education! It was an impactful learning experience. Thank you for doing this work.
Wow! What an eye-opening experience on how to look at finding solutions or ways to improve student learning. The responsibility of impacting a student’s future by implementing changes in the learning structure is huge.
This training is something I wish I had attended years ago!
Dr. Maher is a fantastic, knowledgeable presenter. Loved every minute!
Very powerful training. Instructional Rounds will allow for collaborative and thorough analysis of district needs to support our improvement plan and direct our professional development to support our teachers and ultimately our students.
This is what we’ve been searching for to push us to the next level!
I am excited to see the outcome and growth of our school and our district. I am honored to be part of the training and I know that this will improve me as a “whole” teacher.
Thank you for imparting the knowledge that will transform our district and allow us to positively impact our student body forever.
To Schedule, Call: 512-477-8200