Learn the importance of creating connections student to student and teacher to student to enhance literacy instruction in your classroom. In this workshop participants will learn how to use their literature block in ways that promote both school family and literacy.
- Learn practical skills and activities that enhance literacy learning in classrooms.
- Learn how to develop a classroom environment that enhances emotional and academic literacy at the same time.
- Learn ways to build shared language, literature, reading and writing activities that promote cooperation, literacy, self-control and self-discipline.
- See how trained teachers use developmentally appropriate literature as well as incorporate literacy skills in building their school family.
- Learn how to use the Shubert books to promote literacy skills as well as Social Emotional Learning (character development, conflict resolution, social skills and self control).
- Discover how to create a School Family
- Learn a variety of “I Love You Rituals” and ideas for how to create Literacy Centers using “I Love You Rituals”
Course Details:Early Childhood
Fee (nonmembers): $349
Who Should Attend
Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st grade Teachers.
9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Both Days)