The Texas ASCD Whole Child Academy builds on Social and Emotional Learning by creating a culture to meet all the needs of every student. The Whole Child Academy is designed to provide a deep understanding of the five Whole Child Tenets and the indicators for each tenet. After attending the Whole Child Academy, campuses and/or districts will begin the work of transforming the culture.
- Learn the history of the Whole Child Initiative
- Understand how to build a Whole Child Culture
- Understand the Whole Child Components
- Read, analyze, and understand the five tenets and ten descriptors of each tenet
- Consider the current level of implementation on the campus
- Plan action steps and timelines to move the campus to higher levels of implementation
Course Details:Whole Child
Fee (nonmembers): $399
Fee (TXASCD members): $349
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.