Are you leading school improvement, curriculum development, or working to transform learning for the digital student? If so, Texas ASCD’s Curriculum Leadership Academy is for you!
Texas ASCD, as the premier professional organization for curriculum and instruction in Texas, is committed to the identification and professional development of individuals who currently provide leadership or aspire to be in positions of leadership in the areas of curriculum and instruction.
Central office personnel with curriculum leadership responsibilities. However this session is beneficial for anyone involved in curriculum development and implementation regardless of the experience (lead teachers, department heads, principals, superintendents, curriculum directors, and central office support staff).
- Develop a deep understanding of the concepts, processes, and skills required to organize, lead, and systemically improve curriculum design and delivery.
- Know how to use data to improve student academic performance using conceptual tools and processes for decision-making.
- Provide research-based best practices necessary to align, design and delivery in ways that engage students in meaningful, authentic learning.
- Establish professional networks where professional learning and job alike dialogue is promoted and supported.
- Session 1: Connecting, Leading, Influencing
- Session 2: Curriculum Design Models
- Session 3: Assessment for Learning
- Session 4: Curriculum Delivery: Instruction
- Session 5: Professional Learning
- Session 6: Transformative Processes – Continuous Improvement
The Curriculum Leadership Academies are scheduled for six days. Participants will need to attend all six days to complete the certification.
Course Details:Curriculum Leadership Academy