Join Texas ASCD Today
Texas ASCD is committed to being the premier network for learning, teaching, and leading.
Texas ASCD provides its members with quality professional learning throughout the year, including two statewide conferences. Members also receive all Texas ASCD publications, as well as invitations to unique and influential legislative actions.
What Can Texas ASCD Do for You?
Join as an individual member or as a campus!
Campus Memberships receive special recognition and 11 memberships (1 principal and 10 campus employees) at a discounted group rate.
Members of Texas ASCD are entitled to discounted registration rates for:
The Texas ASCD Annual Conference is held in October and attracts educators from all over the state. Recent keynotes include Ray McNulty, Anthony Muhammad, Yong Zhao, Cindy Moss, Eric Sheninger, Mark Murphy, Jay McTighe, Ewan McIntosh and more. Breakthrough Learning sessions and Sessions for Innovative Learning also contribute to an activity-filled event. The 2018 Annual Conference is scheduled for October 21-23 at Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Members receive discounted registration for our summer technology conference, Texas ASCD’s ignite. Texas ASCD’s ignite19 is scheduled for June 10-12 in Houston, Texas.
Throughout the year, Texas ASCD hosts a number of professional development institutes, workshops, and presentations to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- Institutes are a one-day sessions for a specific topic presented by one presenter. This format encourages discussion between attendees and presenters.
- Academies are a two-day in-depth study of a specific topic presented by one presenter. This format encourages one-on-one discussion between attendees and presenters.
- Leaders of Learners is an award-winning journal that covers current developments in the ever-changing world of education.
- One Liner, Texas ASCD summaries of TEA publications, is distributed weekly, by e-mail or fax.
- Texas ASCD Leadership updates organizational information for Texas ASCD members, including governance and current news. It is now available online.
Each year, the Texas ASCD’s Influence Committee monitors legislative and policy making meetings and develops a set of position statements designed to focus attention on critical issues for educators across the state. These statements reflect the issues of greatest concern for the members of this organization.
Download the latest Texas ASCD position statement.
Save money with Texas ASCD member discounts and special offers from the following retailers:
An organization is only as strong as the people involved in it. As a member of Texas ASCD we encourage you to express yourself on important issues and get involved by voting, nominating, running for an office and or participating in committees. To get more information about Texas ASCD committees or running for an office, contact Texas ASCD.